Friday, May 20

Judgement Day?

As a fellow blogger, I fell obligated to write on the topic of the supposed end of the world. Which is now predicted to be tomorrow, May 21st, 2011. My opinion is that no one can predict anything about the future. Why? Well, I'll tell you.

Because the end of the world predictions are based on humans. That's why. The Mayan calender? Humans. The Bible? Written by humans. It is very easy to reach out into the universe, and find facts that support anything! I will call it, the argument theory. Because in an argument, you can find just about any evidence to support your claim. Anyone can, with enough effort, find evidence that supports any claim.

The end of the world has been predicted numerous times in history. Even as recent as 2000, when it was thought that a simple coding error in computers would bring anarchy and chaos to the world. Well, that did not happen, as we all know. Or at least everyone who was born before 2000 knows.

Here is the ironic thing about the May 21st, 2011 prophecy. It is based on the same Bible that explicitly states that we will NOT know when the second coming (the end of the world) will occur. It says it right there, We will NOT know. So why are theologians attempting to predict something that we are told we will not know? That is beyond me. It seems that they want the world to end. I don't know about you, but I believe in God, and I do NOT believe He would want to destroy something as wonderful as Earth.

As prophecies go, here is my prediction: THE END OF THE WORLD WILL OCCUR SOMETIME BETWEEN NOW AND INFINITY. And if you are actually reading this, it will obviously occur sometime after you read this and infinity. Why do I say that? Because there are many different things that can kill us at any given second. To name a few, we have: super-massive, invisible, black holes; undiscovered meteors that could be hurtling towards Earth as we speak; and humans. The latter will take a lot longer than the former.

The world will come to an end someday. All things under God have a beginning and an end. And the earth is one of those things. Will our own free will destroy the earth, at least as we know and love it? Or will a super massive black hole suck us into a singularity, where all matter condenses into an infinitely dense, infinitely tiny point smaller than an atom. I personally do not know, but I hope it does not happen for a very long time. As I wish the best for my posterity and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment